1. Trend: white + black into spring
I'm sure it comes as no surprise that I'm loving the combination of white + black for these last few weeks of winter AND the eagerly anticipated months of spring! These looks are tried and true, elegant and sophisticated.
2. Amy Poehler's Inspirational Quote:
Simply put, Amy Poehler is a rock star and her encouragement couldn't have come at a better time. I'm constantly learning that growth requires challenge, and challenge doesn't always mean feeling 100% prepared or confident. As Amy encourages, push yourself, get out of your comfort zone and take risks!
3. Recipe: Homemade GLUTEN FREE Veggie Pizza
Have you seen this talented lady in action? My friend Jana is always cooking up wonderful recipes, and her blog post on gluten free pizza caught my eye. Though a little resistant to sacrifice taste and flavor for health benefits (there, I admitted it), I became an immediate believer when I saw how colorful and delicious Jana's baked pizza looked... See Jana's recipe here!
4. Four gorgeous wedding trends:
- Mismatched groomsmen attire - I really appreciate the subtle variations of color and texture seen in the suits, ties and shoes. The organic and relaxed differences between each outfit gives the groomsmen (as a unit) a refined, effortless and personable aesthetic.
- Fabric backdrops - Goodness. That draping is perfection! The soft, translucent fabric gives the ceremony space movement, personality and an aura that is incredibly warm, romantic and artful.
- Antique bridal crowns - It's been several months since I first saw the images of Rylee Hitchner's wedding, and I'm still swooning. The antique bridal crown (pictured below) has only fueled my love for vintage bridal details... and I'm just fine with that!
- Large/Dramatic floral arrangements - This might be one wedding trend that's here to stay. Arranged by Jaclyn Journey and shot by Whitney Neal, this gorgeous peach, orange and yellow bouquet has my heart throbbing.
5. 33 Ways to Stay Creative via Lumi
As soon as I stumbled across this list, I couldn't wait to share it. Although all 33 ideas are not new news, they're all certainly good reminders of how to cultivate and foster creativity. And hey, isn't it encouraging to know that we all have to work at staying creative? I definitely think so!
6. "Home Sweet Home," by Lady of the Sunshine
This Lady of the Sunshine melody has been stuck in my head for a week now, and I'm sure I'll be listening to it throughout the entire month of March.
Want to listen with me? You can download the song here!
7. This gorgeous mood board for spring: Seafoam + Ivory + Coral + Pinks
I'm loving all these pretty colors together! Currently dreaming of 70 degree weather, an ivory razorback tank, blush pink shorts, a bright coral clutch and the pretty green sea.
8. Four inspiring articles on challenging yourself, staying inspired, making the most of your work day and growing your business
All of these articles are MUST READS! Glad such talented ladies are sharing awesome advice regarding life, work and the in between.
9. These four wishlist items:
Madewell's pretty neutrals, Ann Taylor Loft's eyelet shorts, Vero Moda's striped T-Shirt dress and Voluspa's Santiago Huckleberry candle
I can have a spring wishlist, right? These four items are being added right to the top of my list!
10. Mayhem (Instagram: 2sisters_angie)
Last, but certainly not least! Many of you may have heard about Mayhem's wonderfully imaginative creations, but for those of you who have not yet seen this four year old's collection of paper dresses, check them out here. This little girl blows my mind, makes me smile and reminds me of how important it is to encourage each child's unique passion and gift!
What are you currently loving? A new book? An awesome recipe? I'd love to know!
Wishing you a beautiful and inspired first week of March!